Job title: Senior Development Engineer (Power Electronics / HV)
Company: LG Electronics
Job description: LG Electronics Vehicle Component’s Company focuses on commercializing eco-friendly automotive components and core solutions based on LG’s proprietary technologies. LG produces high-quality in-car infotainment systems that deliver both information and entertainment on-the-go for many of the world’s biggest automobile brands. The VC Company also develops electric compressors for automotive applications, e-traction motors for individual and integrated systems such as drive units and power electronics providing a total solution to meet specific market needs.
Talk about a mantra. Life’s Good with LG!
We are seeking a Senior Development Engineer (Power Electronics / HV) for automotive OEM to facilitate technical issue resolution with parts and process during prototype and launch Electric Vehicle e-PT components (Inverter, Converter) engineering.
- Facilitate technical discussions to communicate issues clearly and effectively between the Automotive OEM and the LGE HQ Teams
- Traction Inverter, On-Board Charger, and Auxiliary Power Module, Si-IGBT/SiC power module
- Responsible for Power Electronics development activities to launch development program successfully as well as be the point of contact person in technical area for our customer and LGE HQ in Korea
- Support weekly meeting with customer to share the development status and major Issue tracking and coordinate to resolve the issue in time
- Coordinate and attend various technical meetings with customer or other Tier-2 suppliers in order to come up with technical verification
- Manage all technical development activities to launch program successfully as well as be the point of contact person in technical discussion for our customer and LGE HQ in Korea
- Work closely with mainly LGE HQ development teams to track development progress and technical discussion with customers
- Understand technical issues and communicate with customer and LGE HQ and use reports as a development progress for technical issue monitoring against Customer (internal / external) expectations
- Communicate and discuss technical issue with customer and LGE HQ. Manage each technical activities and coordinate to deliver software & hardware to customer
- Be involved in technical customer meetings to identify and track technical open items, and be involved in hardware and software issues and support engineering team to resolve issues quickly including with Tier-2 suppliers
- Master degree in Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years engineering experience in high voltage components for HEV, PHEV and EV
- Power Electronics H/W (Inverter, On-Board Charger, Auxiliary Power Module) development experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of DFMEA and DRBFM
- Understanding of automotive component development process
- High voltage system development and validation work experience
- Good knowledge of automotive process and requirements
- Systematic approach to find root cause and suggest solutions
- Proficient with the use of electronic testing equipment
- Knowledge of IGBT, SiC, MOSFET
- Familiarity with Invertor, On-Board Charger, Auxiliary Power Module architectures for automotive applications
- Bulk capacitor design and Worst Case Analysis
- Experience with Design for Manufacturing
- Motor dyno testing experience
What is in it for you?
- Become a part of LG’s innovative technologies, unique products, and cutting-edge designs are an investment in the future
- A high-tech work environment with an exciting, collaborative and highly impactful role that will work closely with cross-functional teams engineering teams
- An environment that enables colleagues to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on their work and create value
- At LG, you’re encouraged to take a creative and individual approach to challenges with strong emphasis placed on performance and skill – and equal, merit-based opportunities across the board
- Flexible work environment for all employees providing the freedom to balance work and personal life
- Our objective is to provide our employees the tools necessary to live a balanced life, experience a rewarding work environment and contribute to our surrounding communities
- LG Electronics is honored by a variety of awards and recognition as one of the most sustainable and responsible organization
- We have been selected as an “Industry Leader” in Leisure Equipment & Products and Consumer Electronics of the Dow Jones Sustainability Indices and we ranked on the Davos World Economic Forum’s Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World
Your Total Rewards Package will include:
- A comprehensive benefits package that includes leading medical, dental, vision and prescription benefits with no-cost employee premiums to you and your eligible dependents in 2017. – Remaining among less than 6% of companies in the country to offer no-cost employee premiums
- A competitive 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan and you’re immediately vested in the company matching contributions
- Tuition Reimbursement effective Day 1 of Service
- Shutdown over the holidays and generous (PTO)
- Performance based Incentives
- Employee Product Discount and many of our Products
We offer an environment that enables colleagues to demonstrate their capabilities, focus on their work and create value. At LG, you’re encouraged to take a creative and individual approach to challenges with strong emphasis placed on performance and skill—and equal, merit-based opportunities across the board. We want our colleagues to grow with our global business. That’s why we deliver sure rewards for exceptional performance and offer industry-leading benefits.
Come join the team!
Location: Troy, MI
Job date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 02:13:05 GMT