Job title: Project Manager 2 (part time)
Company: Technamo LLC
Job description: Company Description
TECHNAMO is a niche, young & dynamic IT service provider, VA SWaM certified, Microsoft Cloud Certified Partner, focused on providing IT Solutions & Services to government and commercial companies.
TECHNAMO is a Tier-I Contractor to provide IT Services to Virginia govt. agencies (70+ entities) and contracted to provide services to state govt. New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Arkansas, Delaware, and Maryland govt. agencies.
Contact us: Chowdary email: [email protected] Ph: 703-957-6871, www.technamo.com
The duties anticipated for this contracted project management role include:
– Accurately and proactively managing project documentation including the project charter, progress dashboards, and reports, etc.
– Organizing, holding, and documenting project team and resource meetings.
– Working closely with project team members to proactively support their successful project engagement, answer questions, advise coach and mentor, assist with training, and alert project sponsors when concerns or issues arise.
– Assessing project progress, identifying risks/issues and recommending mitigating actions, and reporting such progress and actions to key project stakeholders.
– Updating project planning and scheduling materials using traditional “waterfall” methodology and managing these plans in Microsoft Project.
– Where appropriate, assisting assigned project team members with project task activities such as user needs assessments, workflow design, documentation and communication, data mapping, etc.
– Serve as a liaison with Avature vendor technical staff engaged in project task activities, including monitoring and reporting on vendor project planning and task delivery.
– Supporting and advising project stakeholders as needed.
WORK EFFORT AND SCHEDULE
The Project Manager will be joining existing VCCS SSC management and staff resources who are engaged in project delivery.
Therefore, we expect this role to be part-time and for a finite duration.
Specifically, are anticipating a typical schedule of 2 days (16 hours) a week for a period commencing immediately and anticipated to run through January 2021. We are allocating a maximum of 200 contracted hours of effort. Note that the total engagement may require less effort or duration, or we may request (for consideration) an extension of the effort with additional contracted hours.
The Project Manager must provide these services during normal business hours (i.e. 8:30 am to 5 pm). However, the work effort may be distributed over multiple days or otherwise be flexible, by mutual agreement. If the Project Manager’s availability is restricted to specific days each week (for example, Mondays and Wednesdays), we will make every effort to accommodate this availability. Conversely, changes in work assignment needs may necessitate requesting different availability (including more or fewer hours per any given week). Again, however, we understand that that given the part-time nature of the assignment, the Project Manager may have scheduling restrictions that we will endeavor to respect.
The VCCS SSC is working remotely at this time and we expect this Project Management role would be conducted remotely via telework. We will provide, on a temporary basis through the end of the assignment, a VCCS SSC laptop with necessary Microsoft Office and Project software.
We do not anticipate any travel or other incidental expenses, and any such expenses must be approved in advance before any expected reimbursement.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERTISE
– Demonstrated experience in managing successful projects, with evidence of activities and skills relevant to the duties set out for this role. – Required 5 years.
– Demonstrated experience and expertise informal project management practices including project chartering, risk registers, “waterfall” project planning, meeting planning, and documentation, and document management. – Required 5 years.
– Evidence of training in project management and business practices is desired; PMP certification is desired but not required. – Required 5 years.
– Solid expertise in Microsoft Project and Office software. – Required 5 years.
– Excellent communication skills.
– Excellent facilitation skills that create a positive and productive team environment.
– The ability to understand team dynamics, identify risks and concerns, offer guidance, and escalate issues to project stakeholders in a professional manner. – Required 5 years.
– Experience with software migration projects highly desirable. PMP cert not required. – Required 5 years.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Location: Richmond, VA
Job date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 22:25:17 GMT