Job title: Plant Chemical Process Superintendent
Company: Ball Corporation
Job description: Plant Chemical Process Superintendent
Company: Ball Corporation
Findlay, OH, US, 45840
Date: Oct 11, 2020
Job Category: Manufacturing/ Operations
Req. ID: 3409
Ball Corporation supplies innovative, sustainable aluminum packaging solutions for beverage, personal care and household products customers, as well as aerospace and other technologies and services primarily for the U.S. government. Ball Corporation and its subsidiaries employ 17,500 people worldwide and reported 2018 net sales of $11.6 billion. For more information, visit , or connect with us on Facebook or Twitter.
Primary Purpose of Position:
Responsible for supervising and driving plant process optimization for the functional area assigned.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for maintaining a safe and secure work environment. This includes correcting unsafe acts/conditions, facilitating monthly safety meetings, performing monthly safety inspections, and investigating accidents, as required.
- Supports development, implementation, maintenance, and ongoing improvement of the food safety system.
- Responsible for ensuring round the clock efficient operations for assigned process area.
- Manages the resources and activities for functional area or process assigned.
- Supervises process team members.
- Establishes maintenance procedures on equipment, including planning, budgeting, execution, and periodic review.
- Responsible for planning, administering, and managing the budget for assigned process area.
- Applies knowledge of functional area to conduct system and process analysis, identifies opportunities for improvement, and makes recommendations to management.
- Diagnoses problem areas and develops and implements corrective action plans.
- Participates in designing and overseeing new systems and processes that improve and enhance plant performance in the areas of safety, quality, productivity, and cost reduction.
- Collects and organizes data in order to generate and maintain reports and schedules related to functional area.
- Coordinates and applies maintenance techniques directed toward monitoring and reducing maintenance and repair costs.
- Arranges for maintenance of adequate level of supplies, materials, and parts so that there will be no interruption in operations due to shortages.
- Arranges for all equipment in area to be properly maintained and upgraded as needed.
- Arranges for training of employees in proper maintenance programs and procedures for plant production equipment.
- Accesses, inputs, and retrieves information from computer.
- Initiates, reviews, masters, and follows all standard operating procedures (SOPs) for area of responsibility.
- Establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence that will discourage third party interference; or establishes and maintains an employee relations climate of trust and confidence with employees, their union stewards and representatives which will promote achievement of plant and company goals.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually five days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday); working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Performs those administrative activities necessary for effective management, including provision for selection and development of employees, salary administration, budget administration, employee safety, employee counseling, motivation, meeting objectives, planning, organizing, integrating and measuring the work performed within the organization.
- Regular and predictable attendance is required between the assigned start and end times of work.
- Assures and maintains safe and healthful working conditions while enforcing safety rules and regulations.
- Performs duties without posing a direct threat to anyone or to property. Direct threat is defined as a significant risk of substantial harm that cannot be eliminated or reduced to an acceptable level by reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to work independently within parameters set by management.
- Communication. Ability to communicate effectively, write effectively, read, comprehend, and follow complicated verbal and written instructions.
- Ability to meet the knowledge, skills, abilities, physical requirements and working conditions set forth in this position description and on the attached Physical Demands Assessment.
- Communicates with the emergency coordinate (EC) or Environmental Focal Point/Environmental Manager (EFP/EM) regarding environmental management activities.
- Understands and responds effectively to EC directions during emergencies by being familiar with emergency procedures, equipment, and systems, as necessary. Implements contingency plan to the level required by the position.
- Understands, completes, and maintains environmental documentation for which the individual is trained, or as directed by the EC, EFP, or EM (i.e., inspections, labeling, record keeping, maintenance of equipment, etc.). Reports to the EC, EFP, or EM on the status of assigned responsibilities.
- Complies with established job safety practices, policies and procedures as specified in plant and corporate directives for the safe performance of the work assignment.
- Recognizes waste streams and minimizes waste generation, through prudent use of materials, proper disposal and segregation as directed during training or by the EC. Understands and practices proper accumulation and storage requirements for wastes.
- Complies with environmental regulations when using, dispensing, or handling hazardous and non-hazardous materials and wastes.
- Broad training in the technical field usually acquired through working in equipment maintenance.
- High School Diploma or GED required, College degree preferred
- Experience in Chemical management, water treatment , waste management and washer processes
- LEAN – Greenbelt Certification preferred
- Job-related experience for 2+ years minimum.
- Working knowledge of the following areas:
- Production processes
- Product specifications and technology of equipment
- Problem solving analysis
- Continuous improvement
- Standardized work
- Generally accepted supervisory practices and procedures
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard plant production, chemical process, and warehouse techniques, procedures, and criteria.
- Ability to negotiate with contractors for facilities/building maintenance.
- Ability to perform basic arithmetic, geometric, and algebraic calculations.
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner.
- Maintains an awareness and complies with hazardous waste management and other environmental management requirements in the workplace by attending scheduled training sessions.
- Ability to operate and functionally use a computer.
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct.
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals.
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills
- Ability to develop and motivate team members
- Ability to develop good working relationships
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans
Nearest Major Market: Lima
Nearest Secondary Market: Findlay
Location: Findlay, OH
Job date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 07:53:07 GMT