Job title: PhD Chemical Engineer
Company: Eastman Chemical
Job description: Founded in 1920, Eastman is a global specialty materials company that produces a broad range of products found in items people use every day. With the purpose of enhancing the quality of life in a material way, Eastman works with customers to deliver innovative products and solutions while maintaining a commitment to safety and sustainability. The company’s innovation-driven growth model takes advantage of world-class technology platforms, deep customer engagement, and differentiated application development to grow its leading positions in attractive end-markets such as transportation, building and construction, and consumables. As a globally inclusive and diverse company, Eastman employs approximately 14,500 people around the world and serves customers in more than 100 countries. The company had 2019 revenues of approximately $9.3 billion and is headquartered in Kingsport, Tennessee, USA
Eastman Chemical Company has an opening in the Advanced Controls Technology group, which is based in Kingsport, Tennessee. This is an opportunity for a Chemical Engineering PhD who has a research background and interest in process control and/or optimization.
The Advanced Controls Technology group is part of Eastman’s Process Engineering Department and is responsible for:
- Designing control strategies for new processes.
- Improving control strategies for and/or performance of existing assets.
- Developing and implementing new process controls and/or optimization technologies.
The employee would be involved in each of those facets of the group’s work.
Typical job responsibilities include:
- Develop and implement advanced control solutions for existing and new chemical operations.
- Develop models of chemical processes to provide insights for control improvements, plant tests, experimental process operation, etc.
- Perform mathematical analysis of chemical process data to assess control and/or process performance.
- Collaborate with others to develop new concepts and tools for process control and optimization, to demonstrate feasibility and value, and to translate that work into practical application.
- Stay abreast of academic developments in the process control and/or optimization fields.
- PhD in Chemical Engineering with research focus in the area of process control and/or optimization.
- The applicant must be able to work well in a group/team environment and have excellent communication skills.
- Strong math and computer background, preferably with substantial coursework in advanced control and/or optimization techniques.
- Experience in the application of process control and/or optimization technology in the chemical industry is a plus.
Eastman Chemical Company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or any other characteristics protected by law.
Eastman is committed to creating a powerfully diverse workforce and a broadly inclusive workplace, where everyone can contribute to their fullest potential each day.
Location: Kingsport, TN
Job date: Thu, 08 Oct 2020 03:41:04 GMT