Job title: Lively Arts Part-Time Master Electrician (Temporary Part-Time)
Company: Montgomery County Community College
Job description: Lively Arts Part-Time Master Electrician (Temporary Part-Time)
Reports to: Senior Director of Cultural Affairs
*This position requires the PA Child Abuse, PA State Police, and FBI Fingerprinting clearances.
A Part-Time Temporary Employee is an employee who is scheduled to work up to 25 hours per week, may serve a maximum of 12 months. Temporary part-time employees are separated after their term of service, or at the end of 12 months, whichever comes first.
Duties/Responsibilities: The Lively Arts Master Electrician (ME), is responsible for the lighting setup of all Lively Arts Series (LAS) events, including but not limited to Internal and external rental events. Directs the safe operation and maintenance of all sound, lighting, rigging, and related technical systems used in support of stage productions and related College internal and external events. Maintains, repairs lighting equipment and supervises staff in the operation of Load in, setup, strikes.
- Attend one department meeting per month.
- Works with Program Coordinator and Sound Technician to schedule crew calls.
- Supervises production staff and interns for Lively Arts events, College Performing Arts Events and External Rentals; for all work calls, setups, and strike calls.
- Supervise staff involved in the maintenance and operation of performance-related equipment, including rigging, lights and lighting control panels, lighting equipment, special effects equipment and all other technical systems used during performances and rehearsals.
- Will be responsible for arranging, setting up, operating lighting and strikes for all events held off campus at School, Parks and other venues.
- The ME will be responsible for setup/strike of all equipment for “add-on” events, such as, the Whitpain Community Day Music Festival, Lively Arts Film Series, the Conversation Series, Master Classes, Foundation Donor events, or other events assigned by the Senior Director.
- Supervise the production crew from the Lighting pre-production, hang and focus, and setup through the Strike: Theater restoration, i.e.; sound, lighting, and stage and backstage areas.
- Responsible for training the LAS Production Interns and the Eisenhower Middle School Technical Theater Program in lighting operations and applied electrics.
- Responsible for programming and operating the light board for all Lively Arts Events, as determined by the Lively Arts Lighting Designer, and all internal and external rentals.
- Responsible for the inventory, repair and maintenance of all Lively Arts equipment, lighting fixtures, cables, effects, power distribution, dimmers, setting up/operating the light board for each show.
- Assist the Director of Cultural Affairs in maintaining occupational safety and health of the production team as a whole.
Qualifications: * Bachelor’s Degree in Theatre or related degree; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- One to three years related work experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Solid analytical, decision making and problem solving skills
- Solid computer skills with experience using word processing and spreadsheet software
- Successful completion of standard background checks
Special Considerations: * This position works with minors
- Will nearly continuously need to speak and hear, and lift up to 10 pounds.
- Will often be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel crouch or crawl, lift up to 50 pounds, work in areas with fumes or airborne particles or risk of electrical shock.
- Will sometime work near mechanical parts.
Montgomery County Community College (MCCC) has a strong institutional commitment to diversity and is dedicated to excellence through diversity in education and employment. MCCC, an EEO Employer, provides equal employment and educational opportunities to all who are qualified. In keeping with the College’s diversity initiative, MCCC seeks and welcomes applications from diverse candidates, those who have had multicultural experience, and those who can demonstrate a commitment to diversity.
Location: Blue Bell, PA
Job date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 01:16:27 GMT