Job title: Home Delivered Meals Driver
Company: North Shore Elder Services
Job description: Home Delivered Meals Driver
The Home Delivered Meals driver transports prepared meals to home-bound elders and community members with a disability within a specific geographic area. The driver performs a wellness check for each consumer and serves as a link between North Shore Elder Services and the consumer.
- Reports to the Site Supervisor and Nutrition Program Manager
- Collaborates with all Nutrition Department staff members
Essential Job Functions
- Ensures that meals are safely packaged in approved food containers to maintain proper holding temperatures.
- Reports any issues regarding poor or unsafe food quality.
- Loads meal containers into personal vehicle.
- Follows all traffic and safety laws while on duty.
- Delivers meals to consumers according to a predetermined route.
- Delivers and sets up meals for consumers in their home when necessary.
- Ensures that consumers with specific dietary requirements receive the corresponding meal.
- Conforms to any specific delivery instructions noted for the consumer.
- Upon meal delivery, the driver confirms that the consumer is at home and reports any unusual circumstances.
- Performs a wellness checks by delivering each meal directly to the consumer.
- Records each meal delivery on the route sheet.
- Reports any issues or concerns regarding the consumer immediately to the office and records.
- Records and reports if a consumer is not at home when the meal delivery is attempted and discards the Meals may only be consumed by the intended recipient.
- Communicates routine information received from the consumer and family members to appropriate agency individuals.
- Demonstrates flexibility with changes to delivery schedules or routes.
- Other related duties as assigned.
Non-essential Job Functions
- Attends meetings as required, including staff meetings, in-service trainings, utilization reviews, and collateral agency meetings.
- Able to read, write, understand, and interpret basic English.
- Must have own transportation, current driver’s license and must show proof of automobile insurance with a minimum liability coverage of $20,000/$40,000.
- Requires lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds, getting in and out of a vehicle up to 30 times per day, bending, reaching, twisting, walking, and climbing multiple flights of stairs at residences that do not have elevators.
- Requires driving in four season weather conditions.
- Ability to listen effectively, and respond to consumers and related parties in a supportive manner.
- Exhibits strong time management skills.
- Communicates effectively.
- Ability to work collaboratively.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Expected salary: $20000 – 40000 per year
Job date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 22:36:18 GMT