Job title: GEOPHYSICAL PROJECT PROFESSIONAL
Company: S&ME, Inc.
Job description: Position: Geophysical Project Professional
Requisition Number: 2020-2120-09
S&ME, Inc., is an employee-owned engineering firm that provides civil, geotechnical, environmental, planning, landscape architecture, survey, and construction services. Consistently ranked in the top 100 of ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms, our markets are diverse and include transportation, energy, water/wastewater, commercial development, industry, healthcare, education, and government. We recruit top talent and are currently seeking a full-time Geophysical Project Professional for our Cincinnati, Ohio location.
Position responsibilities include assisting and supervising our current staff professionals with the coordination and implementation of near-surface geophysical surveys to supplement our traditional exploration services. Example geophysical methods include, but are not limited to, electrical resistivity, electromagnetics, ground penetrating radar, borehole geophysical logging, and seismic methods. Preparation of proposals and reports under the supervision of a Senior Professional/Project Manager will also be expected. Additional responsibilities will be to assist with geographic growth of our geophysical services through client relationships and marketing. The successful candidate should anticipate at least 25-50 percent of their time will be spent in the field, which includes some overnight travel.
S&ME believes in providing fulfilling careers for their employees. We believe career fulfillment is a function of an employee’s motivation and ability to continuously improve while seeking to serve internal and external clients to the best of their ability. Qualified candidates must exhibit the desire to grow and serve others and adhere to the S&ME Purpose, “To enrich our communities through service and science.”
- BS or MS degree in geophysics, geology, or other related field;
- 5-12 years of experience working in the field of near-surface geophysics relating to engineering and environmental sciences;
- Project management experience and professional licensure preferred;
- Client and business development / management skills required;
- Familiarity with GIS and GPS location/surveying technology;
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, Excel, and PowerPointwith theability to learn commercial software applications required;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, organizational and problem-solving skills, strong work ethic, positive attitude, and possess the ability to work both independently and as a team player to meet client deadlines;
- Willingness to travel, which includes the ability to travel out of town overnight, and occasionally outside normal business hours;
- Ability to work long days outdoors in varying weather conditions;
- Routine lifting, carrying, and walking with equipment required: up to 40 to 50 lbs.
To apply go to and click the “Career Openings” link. This is a full-time position with competitive pay based on experience. Successful candidate must meet requirements of the company’s Fleet Management Program, Substance Policy and Reference check program. Submit resume, cover letter, and salary expectations for consideration. Only qualified candidates with acceptable employment eligibility verification (I-9) will be considered. Visa assistance not provided. S&ME reserves the right to fill this position with an internal or external candidate at any time during the search. S&ME is not responsible for unauthorized job postings or submissions of resumes using external links/websites.
No candidate/recruiter calls, personal calls or walk-ins accepted.
An Equal Opportunity Employer.
Minorities/Females/Disability/Veterans; VEVRAA Federal Contractor
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Job date: Sun, 27 Sep 2020 22:44:01 GMT