Job title: Chemical Specialist
Company: Apache Corporation
Job description: Company Overview
Apache Corporation, founded in 1954, is one of the world’s premier independent oil and gas exploration and production companies. With operations in the United States, Egypt and the United Kingdom (North Sea), the company has a presence in domestic and international basins. Apache is proud of its portfolio that includes exploration in conventional, unconventional, onshore and offshore operating areas.
At Apache, there is a world of opportunity. With a history of using sound financial practices and an abundant inventory of near-term and future development projects, the company is admired across the industry for its ability to navigate in a rapidly changing world. Apache succeeds in recognizing opportunity and acting quickly. The growth of the company comes from the coordinated efforts of its diverse and accomplished workforce.
- Our VISION is to be the premier exploration and production company, contributing to global progress by helping meet the world’s energy needs.
- Our MISSION is to grow in an innovative, safe, environmentally responsible and profitable manner for the long-term benefit of our stakeholders.
- Our STRATEGY is to take a differentiated approach to the exploration and production of cost-advantaged hydrocarbons through innovation, technology, optimization, continuous improvement and relentless focus on costs to deliver top-tier, long-term returns.
Apache is proud to have been named a Top Workplace in Houston and is one of the world’s most admired companies by Fortune. Our global team is brought together by a shared sense of ownership, team of teams approach and the knowledge that best answers win.
Apache believes in a culture that encourages everyone to bring their unique perspective and background to work every day and to know that their voice is valued and respected.
Apache provides a challenging and rewarding work environment, supported by a premier total compensation package that includes competitive base salaries and benefits along with performance-driven incentives.
For additional information about Apache, please visit:
The Chemical Specialist for Apache Corporation will be a member of Apache’s Chemical Department at the company’s Midland office reporting to Paul Mason.
This role will be primarily responsible for the following:
- Chemically support the Legacy North field area which included six field that run from Sundown, Whiteface, Denver City, Plains and Welch.
- Being responsible for all chemical within these fields
- Working hand in hand with the chemical personnel from Tech management maintaining the chemical program with an emphasis that is cost effective and chemically sound.
Professional Qualifications & Experience:
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications and experience:
- 10 years experience in the production chemical industry, Technical Service and Sales experience, including successful stints in the Permian as an Account Manager
- Expeience in water quality, bacteria, scale, corrosion, paraffin, demulsification and the technical skills to understand production facilities, how they mechanically work and the application of chemical management for the field problems oriented with oil and gas production
- Computer skills to include presentation skills and Microsoft Office applications (Excel, Word, Power Point and Adobe)
- Must be able to verbally communicate with the field personnel about the problems that they deal with on a daily basis and remember they are our customer and our success depends on out ability to communicate as well as deescalate problems in the field with successful recommendations.
Behavioral Competencies & Personal Characteristics
A “Team of Teams” mindset with the objective of aligning your vision, mission, and strategy with the company’s overarching vision, mission, and strategy;
The agility and flexibility to work in a fast-paced company culture;
A hands-on employee who can also see the big picture;
An employee who leads by example, with the energy and ability to work collaboratively across the organization;
Intellectually and emotionally intelligent, with strong analytical, strategic, business judgment, and problem-solving skills.
Self-aware with strong communication skills, both written and oral; and
An entrepreneurial mindset with a strong track record of agility and ability to thrive in a dynamic environment;
Confident, while checking ego at the door;
A natural desire to work with a sense of urgency and a contrarian spirit;
A solid grasp of economic, industry and competitive landscapes;
The capability to change and generate process improvements for greater effectiveness and efficiency;
Strength of character, including the highest levels of honesty, integrity, ethics, professionalism, trust, and loyalty;
Core Values & Leadership Attributes
The successful candidate will lead by example through the embodiment of, and by embracing, Apache’s Core Values and Leadership Attributes:
- Core Values:
- Expect top performance & innovation;
- Seek relentless improvements in all facets;
- Invest in our greatest asset, our people;
- Foster a contrarian spirit;
- Drive to succeed with a sense of urgency;
- Safety is not negotiable & will not be compromised;
- Conduct our business with honesty & integrity;
- Treat our stakeholders with respect & dignity; and
- We derive benefit from the earth & take our environmental responsibility seriously.
- Leadership Attributes:
- Responsible irreverence;
- Focus on team accomplishments over personal gain;
- Decisive, invested, committed;
- Safety is not negotiable & will not be comprised;
- Fire in the belly;
- Lead by example, be an ambassador for Apache’s values;
- Sees the big picture, translates into action;
- Sound judgement and emotional maturity;
- Best answers win;
- Working managers; and
- Effective communicators.
Apache Statement on Hiring
To provide genuine equal opportunity to all people, it is the policy of Apache Corporation and its subsidiaries to base all employment-related decisions and actions exclusively on employment-related criteria. To provide genuine equal opportunity to all people, it is the policy of Apache Corporation and its subsidiaries to provide broad dissemination of job opportunities, as consistent with the nature of the positions. To provide genuine equal opportunity to all people, it is the policy of Apache Corporation and its subsidiaries to review its employment-related policies and actions on a regular basis to ensure that their application is consistent with their intent.
Location: Midland, TX
Job date: Fri, 16 Oct 2020 05:36:36 GMT