Job title: AUTOMOBILE SALES CONSULTANT – LEXUS OF NASHVILLE
Company: Lexus of Nashville
Job description: Job Title: Automobile Salesperson
Sells/leases new- and used-vehicles at dealership gross profit, volume, and customer satisfaction standards.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES-Essential Duties include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Satisfies the transportation needs of vehicle purchasers.
- Sells/leases and delivers a minimum of 10 units per month.
- Approaches, greets, and offers assistance or direction to any customer who enters the dealership showroom or sales lot.
- Assists customers in selecting a vehicle by asking questions and listening carefully to their responses.
- Explains fully product performance, application, and benefits to prospects.
- Describes all optional equipment available for customer purchase.
- Offers test drives to all prospects.
- Follows dealership procedure to obtain proper identification from customer prior to test drive.
- Utilizes dealership sales control and follow-up system.
- Exhibits high level of commitment to customer satisfaction.
- Knows and understands the federal, state, and local laws which govern retail automobile sales.
- Establishes personal income goals that are consistent with dealership standards of productivity, and devises a strategy to meet those goals.
- Attends product and sales training courses as requested by sales manager.
- Keeps abreast of new products, features, accessories, etc., and their benefits to customers.
- Knows and understands equity and values, and is able to explain depreciation to the customer.
- Ensures that the sales manager has an opportunity to meet each customer.
- Turns 100 percent of closed deals to finance and insurance manager, along with properly completed paperwork (insurance information, trade title, etc.).
- Writes complete sales orders and processes paperwork in accordance with established dealership policies.
- Prepares sold vehicles for customer delivery prior to customer arrival.
- Delivers vehicles to customers, ensuring that the customer understands the vehicle’s operating features, warranty, and paperwork.
- Introduces customers to service department personnel to emphasize to them the quality and efficiency of service repairs and maintenance available in the dealership’s service department.
- Schedules first service appointment.
- Follows up on all post delivery items, tag/title work, “we-owes”, and special requests to be sure that all customer expectations are met.
- Maintains an owner follow-up system that encourages repeat and referral business and contributes to customer satisfaction.
- Maintains a prospect development system.
- Reviews and analyzes actions at the end of each day, week, month, and year to determine how to better utilize time and plans more effectively.
- Attends sales meetings.
- Maintains professional appearance.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or one to three months related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write simple correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions and percentages.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Valid Driver’s License
Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Location: Nashville, TN
Job date: Wed, 14 Oct 2020 22:05:57 GMT