Job title: Assistant Project Manager
Job description: Position Summary
Does the prospect of sitting in a cubicle all day, every day bore you? Do you long to leave your mark on something of substance? ISEC Project Engineers enjoy watching the interiors of award-winning buildings come to life as part of the team, installing fine woodwork, ornamental metal, and decorative glass. They collaborate with the field to innovate creative solutions for installing multi-million dollar high end hotels and high-rises, airports, ballparks, stadiums, casinos, and hospitals.
Our successful PEs are excellent at tracking details, monitoring statuses, and working under deadlines. If that describes you, apply now. Forget the desk job and start your career. ISEC is seeking the right person to join us, right now.
*Please note this PE supports a Commercial Construction Project Manager. This is not a structural, civil, or electrical engineer position.*
This PE will:
- Interpret contract documents and prepare RFI’s as needed.
- Assist in the preparation of submittals and shop drawing QC’ing.
- Prepare detailed “Release for Fabrication” packages to vendors.
- Coordinate the freight, shipping, deliveries, and unload logistics.
- Outsource, purchase, and estimate as required.
- Thrive in a fast-paced, intellectually challenging, team environment.
- Assist the Project Manager with other administrative duties associated with the project, such as:
- Vendor follow-up
- Coding invoices for A/P
- Routine correspondence
- Field dimensioning
- Change orders
- Labor and Delivery schedules.
Safety is one of our Core Values!
Manage and implement ISEC Safety requirements:
- Promote a positive atmosphere for safety excellence committed to the Safety Promise.
- Coach employees who need improvement and assign work to only those employees trained and qualified to perform the task.
- Ensure all recognized safety deficiencies are promptly corrected.
- Report all injuries and incidents to Managers and Safety Department.
- Planning and coordinating deliveries to the job following safe and best practices.
Please note that this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing or activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Preferred Qualifications (in addition to minimum qualifications)
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management.
- Professional exposure to commercial interior finishes.
- Proficient in Bluebeam and PlanGrid.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field; or High School Diploma with at least 5 years of relevant construction industry experience; or at least 2 years of college in a related field plus 2 years relevant experience as a Project Coordinator, Estimator, or Purchasing Agent in commercial interior finishes.
- Ability to read blueprints.
- Ability and willingness to visit active job sites.
- Innovative/critical thinker with strong numeric ability and reasoning.
- Attentive to detail and organized.
- Proficient in MS Office Suite applications.
- Able to work in fast-paced environment dealing with multiple team members
Established in 1967, ISEC, Inc. is a leading national prime trades contractor for specialty building interiors and equipment. Our core values: commitment to customer, integrity, respect, safety, and teamwork are the cornerstone of our business. We provide innovative solutions to projects involving general trades, architectural woodwork, ornamental metals, doors, frames & hardware, specialties, laboratory furniture, and medical equipment. This diverse capability allows us to participate in a variety of complex commercial trade packages.
A $300 million a year business, we are an employee-owned company. Headquartered in Greenwood Village, CO, we have regional offices near Seattle, Portland, Sacramento, San Francisco, Phoenix and DC; as well as in San Diego, LA, Houston, San Antonio and Tampa. With close to 1,200 construction professionals and craftsmen, we are a great place to grow your career.
ISEC is a tobacco/smoke/drug free company, an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer and supports workplace diversity. Women, Minorities, Veterans, and Disabled candidates are encouraged to apply.
For more information on ISEC, or to review our FMLA notice, please visit our web site: .
Information to the Applicant:
I certify that all answers and statements made by me on this Application are complete and true to the best of my knowledge and belief. I understand that any false information, omissions, or misrepresentations of facts by me in the Application or during the application process may result in rejection of my application or discharge at any time if I am hired.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without discrimination because of sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, race, color, age, national origin, military status, religion, or disability or any other legally protected status. Additional testing of job-related skills and for the presence of drugs may be required prior to employment.
I understand and acknowledge that all offers of employment and continued employment are contingent on compliance with the background check and drug testing policies.
Powered by JazzHR
Location: Fulton, MD
Job date: Thu, 08 Oct 2020 04:12:57 GMT