Job title: Community Property Manager part-time
Company: The Star Companies
Job description: Star Management is an established leader in the Manufactured Housing Industry. We operate thousands of sites with locations in California and seven states across the U.S. With over 60 years of expanded stability and experience, we are looking for energetic individuals to join our team. We currently have an opening in Oceanside for a part-time Community Manager with excellent interpersonal and customer service skills. The property is a 55+ community with 108 spaces, and features full amenities including a clubhouse, swimming pool and spa, and laundry room.
Ideal candidates will have mobile home park property management experience with applicable code and law knowledge, possess strong leadership skills, organizational skills and be a self-starter with the ability to work with little or no supervision, while being part of a team. Areas of expertise will include: applications for residency for resales, oversee vendors on capital expenditure projects, oversee landscape crews, and staff supervision.
- Rent collection and posting to Rent Manager and banking via check scanner
- Perform regular inspections, investigate and resolve tenant complaints
- Prepare 14-day notices
- Prepare Rule Violation notices
- Prepare Resale Inspection notices
- Review Home Improvement Project applications
- Contract for maintenance services and provide oversight of vendors
- Schedule and supervise repairs in common area building and landscape
- Manage and maintain community safety by interpreting and applying occupancy policies and procedures, establish and enforce precautionary policies and procedures; respond to emergencies
- Work with Regional Property Manager to forecast projects, define scopes of work, obtain bids, write up purchase orders
- Accept Applications for Residency, participate in processing of applications, conduct lease signings
- Represent the community as the local liaison for existing residents, prospective residents, vendors and government officials
- Lock up facilities on weekends or as needed. Schedule to be determined.
We are a specialty firm in a niche field committed to providing a better place to live for our residents. The successful Community Manager will:
- Keep up to date on the CA Mobilehome Residency Law and Title 25
- Deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, and the general public
- Speak, write and understand English to communicate with supervisors, employees, residents, and families
- Possess good judgment, have common sense, prioritize multiple tasks, meet deadlines and create value through service for our residents while moving the community in a positive direction
- Be computer literate in Rent Manager or Yardi, Excel, Word, Outlook, etc.
Star Management is very strongly devoted to the use of technology in every facet of our business and seeks a person who is fully functional in today’s software applications and property management techniques.
2-3 years’ property management experience WMA MCM certificate preferred ARM Certificate preferred
Possess a valid Driver License, reliable transportation, and automobile insurance.
AA degree, minimum
Compensation:$14-$17 per hour
Benefits: California sick time
Star Management is an Equal Opportunity Employer and maintains a smoke-free environment in all locations. We support a safe, healthy and drug-free workplace.
Location: Oceanside, CA
Job date: Sun, 11 Oct 2020 22:33:40 GMT