Job title: Civil Engineer V-Project Support Engineer
Company: State of Illinois
Job description: Description of Duties/Essential Functions
This position is accountable for duties of both an administrative and technical nature in directing operations covering all public and/or private utility adjustments and/or agreements; the district-wide railroad program including safety improvements, corridor projects, grade separations, and grade crossings as they relate to highway improvement projects; and local agency agreements.
- Current registration as a Licensed Professional Engineer in the state of Illinois
- Five years of experience in civil engineering.
- Occasional travel within the district
- Valid driver’s license
- Supervisory experience
- Extensive knowledge of the principles and practices of civil engineering
- Extensive knowledge of modern methods and techniques as applied to the design, construction and maintenance of public works
- Experience working with utility and railroad companies, and knowledge of and experience with intergovernmental agreements
- Ability to direct the work of other engineers and technicians
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative relationships with internal staff and external stakeholders
- Good oral and/or written communication skills
Work Hours & Location/Agency Contact
8:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. / Monday – Friday
Office of Highways Project Implementation / Bureau of Program Development / Region 3 / District 4 / 401 Main Street, Peoria, IL
Agency Contact: Bureau of Personnel Management, 217/782-5594
How to Apply
Technical Applications PM1080 (rev 8/23/19) must be received by the Bureau of Personnel Management, Room 113, 2300 South Dirksen Parkway, Springfield, IL 62764 (Fax# 217/557-3134) or emailed to [email protected] by 4:30 pm on the closing date listed above. Applications will not be accepted after this date and time.
To be considered for a permanent position within IDOT, you must either be a US citizen or a non-citizen with permanent work authorization.
Only education/coursework and experience listed within the application will be considered for determining eligibility for this position.
NOTE: A copy of each applicant’s ACTIVE Illinois Professional Engineer License must accompany application for this position.
This position is covered by the Revolving Door Prohibition Policy.
Please be advised that if a high volume of applications is received, the applications may be screened to establish a smaller pool of applicants for interview. The screening will be based on the information contained in the application. Applicants will be notified in writing to schedule interviews.
*Individual salary offers are computed based on an applicant’s current position and experience level in comparison to the posted title as well as internal equity of staff in the organizational unit.
Please visit to download the Technical Application and to view the entire position description.
Expected salary: $6445 – 10210 per month
Location: Peoria County, IL
Job date: Wed, 07 Oct 2020 23:48:51 GMT