Job title: Lead IT Network Engineer Job
Company: BJ’s Wholesale Club
Job description: BJ’s Wholesale Club was the first retailer to introduce the warehouse club concept in the northeastern United States. Today, we’re a multibillion dollar operation with more than 200 clubs in 17 states from Maine to Florida.
While our Members know us for helping them save up to 25% off grocery prices every day, our Team Members love us for providing a supportive and engaging workplace that’s committed to developing great talent.
If you’re a motivated and enthusiastic person who enjoys working collaboratively and is committed to providing great service for our Members, we want to hear from you. BJ’s offers a fast-paced, team environment with great training opportunities and competitive salary and benefits packages to help you succeed.
Responsible for maintaining BJ’s Network infrastructure, leading design and configuration for new systems, Disaster recovery planning and implementation, project management and implementation, as well as leading the operational development and integration of key products and technologies within the company’s IT enterprise network infrastructure for data centers, home office, clubs, and distribution centers. This includes management tools for LAN, WAN and Wireless technologies as well as all other current and emerging network technologies. In addition, this position will be tasked to drive the development and maintenance of the company’s network product and service roadmaps, participate in new technology assessments and selection, and the development of junior technical support staff. This role will perform other tasks and/or responsibilities as assigned.
Hands on Lead Network Engineer for BJ;s enterprise network, with 10 years or more experience to assist in the design, implementation and support of enterprise network technologies. This position will serve as the subject matter expert and will be responsible for all aspects of local and wide area networks for the BJ’s enterprise data network.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Proven ability to work well with others.
- Requires 10+ plus years of designing, implementing, and supporting large complex enterprise networks including, campus, datacenter and wireless infrastructure solutions.
- Understanding of enterprise architectures, routing, switching, wireless including campus and datacenter design.
- Proven hands on experience in Enterprise data technologies; SME in OSPF and BGP design and implementation.
- Proven hands on experience in Wide Area Technologies, including but not limited to MPLS, Broadband, 4G, and other emerging technologies such as SD-WAN.
- Understanding of enterprise wireless solutions
- Understanding of enterprise QoS, specifically for VoIP
- Understanding of multicast routing
- Proven experience utilizing various network management tools
- Serves as a senior resource for day-to-day support and performs independent complex system troubleshooting. Manage plans for planned maintenance.
- Proactively manages capacity and performance issues to ensure business continuity.
- Identifies single points of failure and assists in disaster recovery design and planning effort(s).
- Ability to manage Carriers and troubleshoot network outages.
- Proven ability to document IT policies and procedures, network diagrams, small to complex project outlines and tasks.
- Demonstrated experience/effectiveness managing complex projects.
- Mentor junior network engineers
- Participates in the on-call rotation
- CCIE/CCNP or equivalent experience
- BS/BA Degree in computer science or related field
Nice to have:
- Understanding and experience with Cisco Nexus and Cisco ISR platforms.
- Understanding and experience with Aruba wireless network solutions and Aruba switching 3500 and 38xx platforms.
- Understanding and experience with Solarwinds and/or other network management tools.
- Experience with troubleshooting large enterprise converged (voice, video & data) networks.
BJ’s Wholesale Club is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity for all qualified team members and applicants for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, ancestry, national origin, physical and/or mental disability, genetic information, atypical cellular or blood trait, marital and/or familial status, pregnancy, gender identity and expression, military or veteran status, or any other characteristics protected by applicable law.
Location: Westborough, MA
Job date: Sun, 27 Sep 2020 05:02:26 GMT